Despite its nameThe Basic Course is a complete course in its own right, featuring as it does a great deal of ‘insider’ information that will start the new instructor on the right track or progress the established instructor to a higher level.
There are two APSI Basic Instructor Courses run each year in the UK; one in the Spring, the other in the Autumn. There is a maximum of 16 people per course. The courses include:
- Teaching safety
- The basic techniques of shotgun shooting
- The shooting methods
- Understanding the Master Eye
- The basic techniques of shotgun coaching
- Special drill routines for dry-practice
- Lesson presentation
- The fundamentals of gun fitting, with and without a try gun
- Shotgun technical knowledge from a master gun maker
- Special section on coaching and loading in the game field
- The APSI Professional Safety Examination
- Practical coaching experience
The basic course is run by APSI tutors.
Cost of the course is £1,045 per person, to include four nights in a hotel, breakfast & lunch.
The next course is in April, 2015, at Lady’s Wood Shooting School, South Gloucestershire
Details for this course will be available soon
For further information please e-mail for details, or call 07970156624.